by Gina Cassini | Top Right News
Former Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe is a strong advocate of getting Americans back to work in real jobs.
Yesterday, Mike posted a truly awesome S.W.E.A.T. (Skills & Work Ethic Arent Taboo) Pledge on Facebook that every American should read and take to heart.
This is just the kind of straight talk we need to have with ourselves as a country to get that can-do spirit back.
Please share this everywhere. Mike is the kind of leader Americans deserve but sadly rarely get in Washington.
THE S.W.E.A.T. PLEDGE
(Skill & Work Ethic Arent Taboo)
1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
2. I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more. I also understand that happiness and the pursuit of happiness are not the same thing.
3. I believe there is no such thing as a bad job. I believe that all jobs are opportunities, and its up to me to make the best of them.
4. I do not follow my passion. I bring it with me. I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.
5. I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I cant afford.
6. I believe that my safety is my responsibility. I understand that being in compliance does not necessarily mean Im out of danger.
7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.
8. I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy in my work, I will either find a new job, or find a way to be happy.
9. I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.
10. I believe that I am a product of my choices not my circumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the credit for something I didnt do.
11. I understand the world is not fair, and Im OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.
12. I believe that all people are created equal. I also believe that all people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.